If you’re thinking that all plants, grass, and flowers will trigger your allergies, well guess what? There are certain plants that you can trust with your life because they will never cause you any allergies. You can also ask your allergy doctor about the safest plants that you can have inside and outside your home. Sometimes you ignore the fact that what causes your allergies are the indoor plants that you’ve been living with for ages. But this time you need not worry anymore because there are many houseplants that are best for household air and can relieve you from asthma and allergies.
Allergy-Friendly Indoor Plants
For the record, not all plants are bad for us, especially when it comes to asthma and allergies. There are houseplants that are a great contributor to cleaner air and can eliminate the specks of dust and small particles around us.
Here’s what friendly indoor plants can do for you:
- They eliminate all kinds of chemical toxins in the air.
- They get rid of molds.
- They moisturize the air.
- They make a perfect accessory inside the house.
Now, here are some of the best plants you should be having within your home:
- It’s a natural air humidifier.
- It keeps your interior turf moist during dry seasons.
The Lady Palm
- It’s air-purifying plants that flourish in humid and dry seasons.
- They are a plant-eating insect repellant.
The Bamboo Palm
- Blooms when kept moist by indirect sunlight.
- A great air purifier
- A little bit high-maintenance.
- A flexible, deep-green plant that has shiny and beautiful leaves.
- It uses its leaves to trap allergens.
- Helps boost the air by 60%.
- It eliminates molds by absorbing the spores and converts it into food.
- Known to be an air cleaner which is beneficial for asthma and allergic household members.
- They can eliminate the toxins in the air that can cause irritation.
The Snake Plant
- It works like an indoor air filter and is low-maintenance.
The Aloe Vera Plant
- A relative of the succulent plant family so it needs very little water and maintenance.
- Not only good for sunburns but is also medicinal.
- Works like a natural indoor air filter too.
The Least Allergic Flower plants
Flowers are very attractive, especially if your home is surrounded by its different types and colors it surely is a wonderful place to relax and unwind. But if you are highly allergic to the plant-floral family there are some types that can be safe for you.
- Wood sage
- Lily of the Nile
The Least Allergic Trees
If you are a tree lover or if your home has trees around it, you can check around and see if any of these allergy-friendly trees are planted within your yard. If not, maybe it’s time to plant one. Because these trees will definitely keep you allergy-free and safe from any allergic attacks.
- Fan palm
Now that you know what plant type can help you from any allergy attacks, you have to stay away from the following plants if you don’t want your allergens to rejoice again.
AVOID these Houseplants!
- African violets
- Bonsai Trees
- Fern Pine
- Queen Anne’s lace
- Carrot grass
- Orchard grass
- Bermuda grass
- Vernal grass
It sure is a long list, but they will serve as your checklist for the “must-have” plants that you wanted to have, replace or add inside and outside your comfort haven. This will not only keep you safe but as well as the rest of the family. Most especially your little ones who love to play outdoors. It’s better to prevent them from having allergies because you know how hard it is to deal with it. Make a visit with your allergy clinic Manassas to always be updated about the safety precautions that you can do in order to stop your allergies from coming back and what plant ornament you should surround your family with to protect them from any allergic threats.