Hair treatments have come a long way. Brazilian keratin straightening is probably one of the most famous and sought-after straightening treatments for your hair. Let’s see what benefits it imparts on hair.
What Is A Keratin Treatment?
If you want a semi-permanent solution to make your hair look straighter for longer periods of time, then a keratin treatment is it for you. Keratin treatment is a special hair treatment which allows your hair to look straight and feel smooth for months. It is a special treatment which involves a lot of use of chemicals and protein rich products to help your hair to retain its shine and make it look and feel smooth and straight. This is a newer hair treatment.
Some years ago, a rebonding hair treatment was the only way to make your hair look straight. But the disadvantage of rebonding hair treatment was that it makes the hair look matte, flat and stripped out of its moisture. A keratin treatment, however, does no such thing. It is a treatment that leaves your hair feeling shiny, soft, bouncy and straight for months.
Benefits Of Keratin Treatment
Here are some amazing benefits of keratin hair treatment and the reasons why it is becoming more and more popular amongst women.
- It eliminates frizz from your hair. The treatment makes the hair look smooth and full of shine and bounce.
- It makes the hair look straight for months. If you take care of a keratin treatment, it can last up to 8 months without you having to do much to maintain it.
- Keratin treatment doesn’t leave the hair looking flat and matted out. It gives shine and life to your hair.
- The protein part of the keratin treatment leaves your hair feeling stronger and shiny. Protein is great for your hair in general and a keratin treatment is a great way to nourish your hair with tons of good proteins.
- Keratin treatment also fortifies your hair and enhances hair growth. You will be left with stronger, shiny and manageable hair which is strong from the root to the tip.
What Not To Do After A Keratin Treatment?
Here are some necessary steps to take after a keratin hair straightening treatment if you want it to last long.
- Do not wash your hair for as long as possible after getting the keratin treatment. Most stylists will recommend that you don’t wash your hair for 10 to 15 days, if your hair can manage. This allows the treatment to seep deep in your hair and do wonders for you.
- Certain shampoos and conditioners will be off limits for you, as it can clash with your keratin treatment. You should steer clear of shampoos that contain harmful chemicals like sulfate. It will damage your hair to no end.
- You should also steer clear of hair dyes and not touch your hair with any sort of harmful chemical which can damage your hair. You need to have the all-clear from your hair stylist about when you can actually dye your hair without having the dye damage your hair and the keratin treatment.
What To Expect After A Keratin Treatment?
Here are things you should expect right after getting a keratin treatment.
- Keratin treatments are not all that safe for you. The chemicals which make your hair look straight and keep it stay put for months are not very good for you. The main chemical used is formaldehyde, it makes your hair look straight and it is very bad for you if you inhale it. This is why this treatment is not recommended for pregnant women as it can be a huge risk for those women.
- If you wash your hair regularly, then keratin treatment is not for you. The hair stylists usually advise you to not wash your hair for a minimum of 2 to 4 days, but it’s best if you wash your hair a week after.
There you have it! Now you know everything there is to know about keratin treatment and whether it’s worth it or not. It’s a great way to get your hair looking and feeling smooth and shiny. If you can follow the aftercare rules, you should consider going to a keratin treatment salon Rockville.