Decorating the home is such an exciting thing to do. Shopping for things to put inside the house is another thrilling thing. We just love to shop, don’t we all? We may be impulsive at some point or most points where we end up buying the things we seldom need. You just bought it because you find it really nice or you’ve felt a sense of connection. But when it comes to the most important things or home furniture, you always have them at the top of your list. Area rug for one is something that you consider important to be part of your house. You even go to almost all of the rug stores in town just to find that perfect rug for your living room. However, you’ll end up confused between getting a carpet or a rug.
The Rug Personality
Rugs are one of the most common decors inside the house. You can find them in the living room, dining area, kitchen, office, rooms, and bathrooms. They present a lot of attractive designs and comfy styles. They can easily blend in no matter what room you place them. What’s nice about them is their flexibility as there are rugs where you can take with you wherever you move.
The Wow Factor:
For an easy floor covering and styling, rugs can do the trick for you. It’s been used for decades as it also symbolizes history and art. But what are the other ‘Yay’ factors of a rug?
- Decreases the build-up of mold and other dust particles through its vent system under its fibers.
- Easy to clean and dry.
- It represents space.
- Can instantly transform a rooms’ hue and style.
- If a rug is well-placed, it can indicate a floor plan concept right away and the right furniture that should go with it.
- Allergy-friendly. They are easy to clean and adjust to any health conditions.
With the things that rugs can do for you, it’s like you are getting the best of everything – the comfort underneath your feet and the stylish representation of your household. You just have to pick the best floor décor your heart desires.
Although they’ve been making a statement for a long time now take into consideration that these fluffy floor accessories also have their drawbacks.
- May not be that elderly-friendly. Even those slip-proof rugs can still cause unintentional slips and may cause a trip or accidents to your older household members or toddlers.
- Not all rugs can adjust to your wall carpet décor and style.
- If you prefer walking barefoot around the house without suddenly feeling the actual flooring, home area rugs are not for you.
A Carpet’s Charm
If you lived on the Pacific coast or have traveled and stayed in the Northwest area, you will find wall-to-wall carpet home design evident or common, actually. It’s been like a home décor tradition for its warmth and tight atmosphere. It sends a more inviting ambiance to every home, which makes families more bonded and close to each other.
You may have already an idea on how carpet works and goes and here are some of its ‘plus factors’.
- It’s secured during installation because it can be placed with a cement, glue, or tacking tape. Additional padding can be installed for a more comfy feel, plus, it is slip and trip-free, which is a perfect choice for homes with elderly members.
- It can present a uniformity all throughout your interior, especially if you have a number of rooms.
- Because carpets usually have neutral hue, it can easily blend with tons of color and designs.
- Wall-to-wall carpeting secures your entire floor covering. This is best during freezing-point weather. Also, you do not have to worry about your little ones crawling around the house to feel any chilly-feels underneath them.
Although they can be really stylish and comforting, they are not always the best preference. Here are some of the reasons why.
- Because of the chemicals being used during installation, the off-gassing level can be very high and may take time before it ceases down.
- Aside from being quite expensive, maintenance can also be costly.
- In cases of wear and tear, you cannot just create patches on your wall and floor carpet because it will look very obvious and ugly. So if you have the budget for it, you have to replace or reinstall the entire area for a better finish.
- Carpets are not advisable in humid areas because it can easily trap particle where dust and mold will soon form. This is not going to be a great choice for allergic members of your turf.
- When you move, you cannot bring your entire home carpet with you. So if you have invested in it before, it means, you have to invest in them again in your new place.
Choosing between home rugs and carpets is never easy. You have to ask for help from traditional rugs Virginia installers for you to come up with the best decision for your entire household. Whichever you choose will guarantee you the comfort and style your entire family wanted.