Hair extensions are no longer just an accessory or a vanity item rather it has now become an important component of every girls’ hair regardless of the occasion. The top rated hair salons are specializing in the different styles, techniques, and qualities of a hair extension. But salon treated hairpiece can be expensive and so others just purchase their own toupee so they can attach it on their own. However, quality wigs can also be so pricey, therefore, why buy one if you can just create your own hair extension, right?
Conceptualize Your Own
Whether it’s a tape-in or a clip-in hair extension having it attached to your hair or buying them can cost you a fortune and that dilemma applies to both synthetic and human hair. So, if you are the type of lady who, occasionally or almost regularly wears a hair extension, because you either have super short hair or just wanted additional volume then maybe you should start working on your own hair extension.
Assemble your own Clip-In hairpiece
This may seem to be a fun project for you because you are not just about to save money from buying expensive wigs, but you get to create your own piece without spending too much.
Here are some of the materials that you will need:
- Hair wefts or wigs (human or synthetic)
- Wig clips
- Hair Glue
- Thick and durable thread
- Choosing a hair extension that suits you best is the 1st and most important part. If you apply hair color often then you should dye your wefts too. This is where human hair extension is highly preferred.
Opting for human hair wefts is the most convenient because you can apply color to it and style it the way you wanted. Plus, it looks more natural.
- Trim your chosen wefts to your preferred length. But give it an allowance so it won’t go off your desired length after you sew it on the clips.
- Mark your desired length and then cut them in 1”, 3” and 4”.
- It’s time for your wig clip to make wonders. Using hair glue, attach one of each section to the clip. Give the glue 2-3 hours to dry. Patience is a virtue.
- After the glue dried, you can start sewing your hair to the wig clip. There are holes at the top of the clip to allow needles to come through just make that the thread is sturdy and nice.
- Now that your little creative hair extension project is on the go all you need to do is double check the hair trims then go ahead to clip and style your way for the day.
So now that you can make your own clip-in hair extensions, you can also run a lot of styles out of your new hobby which surely brings out the best in you physically. But let’s try to get a tour of the other types of hair wefts that might interest you too.
Hair Extension Types
- The tape-in hair extension is basically what it’s called. They are pre-taped or glued on each side of your hair section. However, the downside of this is that in order to have it perfectly attached is to apply heat on the glue and stick it to your hair roots. It can be damaging to your scalp and hair, but with the help of experts, guess you don’t have to worry that much.
The Weaves or Sew-in
- The weave extension is being attached through braiding your hair and with the use of a needle and a thread the weft will be sewed through those tiny braids. This is more applicable to those with thick hair which makes the application process time-consuming. But the outcome is really nice, plus you need not worry about having your hairpiece fall easily.
The Fusion and Pre-Bonded
- Also known as the pre-bonded or bonding hair extension, the fusion works by bonding it to your natural hair with the use of hair glue or by other adhesives. The procedure usually takes 3-4 hours and a stylist or hairdresser normally does this well. However, this hair extension type can also be very damaging to the hair and is not suitable for those with already damaged hair. This is possibly the least suggested type of hair extension.
There are other types of hair extensions in the market, but the bottom line here is that you should pick what looks good on you and what is safe. That’s why you always have the option to create a hair extension on your own. The hair extensions salon Rockville can always back you up whenever you need professional assistance. You see, the hair is your crown, so you have to take good care of it.